If you're interested in private options for driver education, Sears Driving School may be a great choice for you. This respected driver training course has programs for adult drivers and teen drivers, and it is tailored to the requirements of individual states.
About Sears Driving School
Often recommended for young drivers or adults who are getting their licenses for the first time, Sears driver training program is a respected driver education resource. The program has been used to train new drivers for more than 35 years. While this program isn't available in all states, it is a great option if you're interested in learning to drive a car in the following locations:
- New Jersey
Advantages of This Program
There are many advantages to this private driver education program, including the following:
- Sears has a very convenient driver training program. Teens can schedule their driver education at any time, not just when it is offered by their high school. The program is also very convenient for adult drivers, who may need to work around other commitments.
- The Sears driver education program has a heavy focus on safety, which is an important consideration for most parents and new drivers. Instructors are certified to teach driver education, and they have gone through extensive background checks. Instructors have taught driver education for an average of ten years.
- This driving program is generally conveniently located inside a Sears store or at a nearby facility.
Disadvantages of This Program
While there are many reasons to choose this driver education program, you should keep the following in mind:
- The Sears driver education program typically costs just under $360. Since many high schools offer free or inexpensive driver education courses, this fee may give you pause. Fortunately, there are payment options available that make the program more affordable.
- This program uses only automatic cars to teach students. If your vehicle is a stick shift, you may need to find other ways to educate yourself on the fundamentals of driving a five-speed.
What Participants Learn
The Sears Driving School curriculum is based on the rules and regulations of each state; however, all programs teach new drivers some of the fundamental skills they will need to drive. Topics include the following:
- Strategies for driving in difficult situations, such as traffic or bad weather
- Basic rules of the road
- State-specific laws and guidelines
- Tips for being a responsible driver
This driver education program also includes the hands-on experience new drivers need to feel safe and confident on the road. Driving teachers will help students practice in various driving situations, and there are Behind the Wheel programs designed specifically for adult drivers.
Other Driver Education Resources
If you're interested in learning to drive, you can find more information about driver education resources at About Driving Schools or by contacting your state's Department of Motor Vehicles or Secretary of State's office. Most high schools also offer an affordable driver education program, and they may have information about additional resources for driver training.